Requested you to sign Petition for GROWTH of country!
New Delhi: The founder of GSTSEVA.COM, CA MANISH MALHOTRA had just signed the petition “Members of Parliament, political parties: Parliament to function – urge all political parties to have a collaborative and consultative process in the Parliament.” and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name by signing this petition.
The petition is originally drafted by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
You may also sign the petition by clicking on below mention link.
Appeal from CII as follow:-
Democracy is a great Indian asset. Parliament which reflects the will and mandate of people represents the sovereign. Parliament debates and legislates. Every inch of Indian Territory and every ideological shade is represented in this forum. Parliament is held in great esteem by the people.
Parliamentary protest are not unknown. Parliamentary stalemates can never be permanent. Parliamentary paralysis can lead to weakening of India’s democracy. There is a spread of political power between the opposition and the Government in Indian Parliament. Both have an important role to play. Both have responsibility to discuss and resolve political issues. Political consensus represents the best practice in Indian democracy.
Recent events have been disheartening. They have the potential of eroding popular faith in Parliament. Perpetual disruption can never be the rule. Street demonstrations against the Chair of the Lower House are of unprecedented scale. The Lower house is without some opposition members. The upper house is perpetually adjourned. The importance of uninterrupted legislative function of the Parliament can hardly be over emphasized. Important laws like the Constitution amendments in Goods and Services Tax which improves India’s growth rate is held up. GST has taken a long time in coming and has taken years of consensus building, and CII has time and again reiterated that this could significantly contribute to India’s and States’ growth. India has to grow in order to alleviate poverty and create jobs. Parliament did not get an opportunity to discuss important issues, like floods, security issues, other economic priorities, etc. It is only a debate which brings out the facts to enable people to form a fair and objective opinion on important matters.
We, therefore, urge all political parties to have a collaborative and consultative process in the Parliament and allow the Parliament to function, to debate and legislate.
- Mr Sumit Mazumder, President, CII
- Dr Naushad Forbes, President Designate, CII
- Mr Chandrajit Banerjee, Director General, CII
- Mr Ajay S Shriram, Chairman & Senior Managing Director, DCM Shriram Ltd
- Mr Kris Gopalakrishnan, Co-Founder, Infosys Ltd and Trustee, Pratithi Investment Trust
- Mr Adi Godrej, Chairman, Godrej Group, Godrej Industries Ltd
- Mr Rajesh Shah, Co-Chairman & Managing Director, Mukand Ltd
- Mr Sunil Kant Munjal, Hero Corporate Services Limited
- Mr Rahul Bajaj, Chairman, Bajaj Auto Limited
- Mr Rajive Kaul, Chairman, Nicco Corporation Ltd
- Mrs Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chairman & Managing Director, Biocon Ltd
- Mr Atul Punj, Chairman, Punj Lloyd Ltd
- Mr Nadir B Godrej, Managing Director, Godrej Industries Ltd
- Mr Vikram Kirloskar, Vice Chairman , Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt Ltd
- Mr Banmali Agrawala, President & CEO – GE South Asia, General Electric Company
- Mr Vinayak Chatterjee, Chairman, Feedback Infra Pvt Ltd
- Mr G V Sanjay Reddy, Vice Chairman, GVK Power & Infrastructure Ltd
- Mr Sunil Mathur, CEO & Managing Director , Siemens Ltd
- Mr Vinod Sharma, Managing Director , Deki Electronics Ltd
- Mr Nikhil Sawhney, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Triveni Turbines Ltd
- Mr Anil Sardana, CEO & Managing Director, The Tata Power Company Ltd
- Mr Kamal Bali, Managing Director, Volvo India Pvt Ltd
- Dr Janmejaya Kumar Sinha, Chairman – Asia Pacific, The Boston Consulting Group India Pvt Ltd
- Mr Vijay Thadani, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, NIIT Ltd
- Mr Rajan Navani, Managing Director, Jetline Group of Companies
- Mr Sanjiv Bajaj, Managing Director, Bajaj Finserv Ltd
- Mr Y M Deosthalee, Chairman & Managing Director, L & T Finance Holdings Ltd
- Mr Pawan Munjal, Chairman, Managing Director & CEO, Hero MotoCorp Ltd.
- Ms Anu Aga, Director, Thermax Ltd.
- Mr Ajit Gulabchand, Chairman & Managing Director, Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd.
- Mr Dipankar Chatterji, Senior Partner, L. B. Jha & Co.
- Mr Aloke Mookherjea, Chairman , Howden Solyvent (India) Pvt Ltd
- Mr Sanjay Budhia, Managing Director, Patton International Ltd
- Mr Mukul Somany, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Hindusthan National Glass & Industries Ltd
- Mr Umesh Choudhary, Managing Director, Titagarh Wagons Ltd
- Prof Sanjay Chandwani, Professor, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- Mr Suhail Seth, Managing Partner, Counselage India
- Mr Vipin Sondhi, Managing Director & CEO, JCB India Ltd
- Amb Kuldip Sahdev
- Amb R Vishwanathan
- Amb Rajiv Bhatia
- Mr T Kannan, Managing Director, Thiagarajar Mills Pvt Ltd
- Mr Ramesh Datla, Managing Director , Thiagaraja Mills Pvt Ltd
- Prof. Piyush Kumar Sinha, Professor, IIM Ahmedabad
- Dr Sanjaya Baru
- Dr Nareh Trehan
- Dr Ashok Seth
- Dr Ajay Choksey
- Ashok Jhunjhunwala
- Dr Akshay Dhobley
- Dr Kamlesh Misra
- Prof A Purushotham Rao
- Prof G S Rathore
- Mr Pramod Bhasin, Chairman, The Skills Academy and Founder & Vice Chairman, Genpact India
- Mr Shreekant Somany, Chairman & Managing Director, Somany Ceramics
- Mr Rajiv Memani, Chairman – India Region, Ernst & Young Llp
- Mr Naveen Munjal, Chief Executive Officer, Hero Exports
- Mr Anant Talaulicar, Managing Director – Cummins Group in India
- Mr Rajendra S Pawar, Chairman and Co-Founder of NIIT Group
- Mr Ravichandran Purushothaman, President – Danfoss India
- Mr Farhad Forbes, Director, Forbes Marshall
- Mr Nirmal Bhogilal, Chairman & Managing Director, Batliboi Ltd
- Mr Madhur Bajaj, Vice Chairman & Whole-Time Director, Bajaj Auto Limited
- Mr Mahendra Agarwal, Founder & CEO, GATI Ltd
- Mr Ramesh Datla, Chairman & Managing Director, Elico Limited
- Mr Vishnu Mathur, Director General, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers…. and 18000 more