Queries related GST TDS FORM GSTR 7A
1. What is Form GSTR-7A?
Form GSTR-7A is a system generated TDS Certificate which is generated once deductor furnishes a return in Form GSTR-7 on the GST Portal and the deductee accepts the details uploaded by deductor and files his return. This TDS Certificate will be available for both Deductor and Deductee.
2. How can I download the TDS certificate?
To download the TDS certificate, access the www.gst.gov.in URL. Login to the GST Portal with valid credentials. Navigate to Services > User Services > View/Download Certificates option.
3. I have more than one certificate available for download under GSTR-7A certificates. Do I need to download them individually?
Yes, you need to download them individually for each GSTIN.
4. What is TDS Certificate?
A TDS certificate is a certificate generated in Form GSTR-7A on the basis of information furnished in return by Deductor in his Form GSTR-7.
5. How many TDS Certificates are issued per GSTIN?
A single TDS certificate is issued per GSTIN for all the supplies, on which tax has been deducted for every GSTR-7 return filed.
6. Is the signature of Tax Deductor required in TDS Certificate?
Form GSTR-7A is system generated TDS certificate and signature of Tax Deductor is not required.
7. What are the pre-conditions for generation of TDS certificate in Form GSTR-7A?
Precondition for generation of TDS certificate is that deductor furnishes a return in Form GSTR-7 on the GST Portal and the deductee accepts the details uploaded by deductor and files his return.
8. Do I as a taxpayer have to file Form GSTR-7A?
No, you don’t have to file Form GSTR-7A.
9. Can I as a taxpayer (Deductor or Deductee) download and keep a copy of my TDS Certificate for future reference?
Yes, you can view and/or download TDS Certificate in post-login mode on the GST portal.