GST E Way Bill learn generate online guide
GST E Way Bill learn generate online guide, Important Rules for eway bill
GST E Way Bill, eway bill
E-way Bill is an important instrument under GST regime and transporters need to carry an electronic waybill or E Way Bill. In this section you will learn about important GST E Way bill rules i.e E-WAY RULES. E Way Bill require for moving the goods for one state to another.
In this article, we cover the following topics on Eway Bill:
- What is E Way Bill?
- What are the important Rules?
- When should we generate E way bill?
- Who is liable to generate E way Bill ?
- Mandatory or Optional
- What are the exemptions available from Generation of E-Way Bill?
- Validity of an E way Bill
Interview on GST E WAY BILL, eway bill
What is an E Way Bill?
E-way bill is an electronic way bill for movement of goods which can be generated on the GSTN (common portal). A ‘movement’ of goods of more than Rs 50,000 in value cannot be made by a registered person without an e-way bill.
E-way bill will also be allowed to be generated or canceled through SMS.
When an e-way bill is generated a unique e-way bill number (EBN) is allocated and is available to the supplier, recipient, and the transporter.
When should we generate E way bill?
When there is a movement of goods exceeding the value of Rs. 50,000/- an E way bill is require.
It should prepare before the movement of goods.
Movement of goods includes supply, return and stock transfer etc.
Validity of an E way Bill
An e-way bill is valid for periods as listed below, which is based on the distance traveled by the goods. Validity is calculated from the date and time of generation of e-way bill-
|Distance||Valid from||Valid for|
|Up to 100km||Date & time at which e-way bill is generated||1 day|
|For every 100 km after that||Date & time at which e-way bill is generated||An extra day|
What are the important Rules for E way Bill?
- Rule 138 of E WAY rules from sub rule 1 to 14
- Annexure of Rule 138(14) contains list of item which are exempted from eway bill generation
- Rule 138(10) provided the validity period of an e way bill
- FORM GST EWB 01 PART A with PART B and FORM GST EWB 02 are two important forms under this rule
Who is liable to generate E way Bill ?
- PART A and B OF GST EWB 01– BY REGISTERED CONSIGNOR OR TRANSPORTER(Transporter may on consignor behalf)
- PART A and B OF GST EWB 01– BY REGISTERED CONSIGNEE OR TRANSPORTER(Transporter may on consignee behalf)
- PART A and B OF GST EWB 01– BY CONSIGNOR (In case of travel by own vehicle/hired ones/by rail/by air/by vessel
- GST EWB 02 – BY TRANSPORTER FOR MULTIPLE CONSIGNMENT IN A SINGLE TRANSPORT
What are the exemptions available from Generation of E-Way Bill?
- FULL EXEMPTION
- PART EXEMPTION
Mandatory or Optional
For consignment value more than 50,000/- it is mandatory
For consignment value upto rs. 50,000/- it is optional.
PART B FORM GST EWB 02, Optional, where the goods are traveled less than 10 kms within the states from the place of consignor to transporter.
GST e way bill, eway bill